Saturday 6 January 2018

Christmas Card Club Challenge 1

Happy New Year to you all and I hope you enjoyed the festivities.

It's the first challenge of the year for our little Christmas Card Club.  Margaret is hosting the challenge and she wants to see Gnomes, Pixies or Elves.

My Card


I decided to opt for a very CAS card and I really like how it turned out. The size is 5" x 7".  I printed out my pre-coloured image onto to shiny linen card stock and matted it onto red card stock. I love the image which I found on Pinterest because I had nothing to suit the challenge.  This year it has been decided that we can do "Anything Goes" if we don't have anything suitable, but for me the challenge is being pushed out of my comfort zone, so I went searching and this image is fabulous! All I did then was stamp the sentiment into the corner and I decided at that point that less is more. I was going to add red pearls or card candi but decided against it and, as I said, I really like it.

The challenge is not actually due until Sunday so please come back then and check out what the other girls in the club have come up with.

We are just leaving to go to St Alban's to have a belated celebration with John's family and we are really looking forward to it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.



16 comments:

Wendy L said...

Love the image, so cute , lovely card, xxx

dutchess said...

That is so cute Christine....love that image ,it’s so vibrant and colourful....loving the simple look it’s beautiful xxxxx

Sue said...

So cute Christine it's adorable! have a lovely time and best wishes for 2018 huggles Sue xxx

Brawny x said...

Hello my friend. I hope this finds you well. I think your card is definitely perfect as it is. It is fabulous. I’m trying to watch colouring YouTube videos to learn to colour. I’m learning lots but my hand doesn’t play ball lol. I hope you have a good time with johns family dear. Spk soon x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, I just love your gnomes, a brilliant card, and just perfect, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous cas card, fab image.
Happy New Year to you.
Lorraine x

Chriss America Real said...

I really like this card too! I'm like you I get so tempted to add some sort of embellishment to the card but very often not doing that makes it look better .

Hugs,

Chriss

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year Christine, hope your celebrations went well.
A fabulous clean and simple design, love those fun gnomes too.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

So glad you went searching and found this adorable trio. They are just sooooo cute. I persevered too. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Now this is just the cutest trio of what I'd think of as gnomes! They just made me smile - love that you found this adorable image, and what a sweet & colorful card you've turned out! I don't have gnomes (as such) so after buying a couple of digi-s, I lucked out when storing away some stamps, to find the elves that were in a set I'd bought for something else in the set! TFS & Hugs.

rachel said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine - I think you did really well - those gnomes are fabulous. I agree with you about the challenge of finding something but it is nice to have the option!!! Big hugs rachel xx

Carol said...

Happy New Year Christine. Apologies for not being around the last two months, hoping to do better this year.
Love your card, such a cute image and the CAS design is fabulous. Carol x

Jenny L said...

Hi Chrisitne,
Happy New Year.
oh I love this wonderful CAS card and that image is so sweet too.
That linen card looks marvellous.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

scrappymo! said...

This is a great image...they are so cute!
A great CAS card. Christine.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card.... love those gnomes... sorry thought this was your Challende...
happy New Year
Hugs Sylvie xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Just catching up. What a fun image, love it!!!
Reminds me, there's no place like gnome...........sorry, couldn't resist lol!!!
Ang x