Sunday 30 April 2017

Vintage

Good morning.  Gosh it's very cold and windy this morning.  Today is my DT card for International Art and Soul and the theme is vintage.  This is not something I would normally do, but hey, that's what challenges are all about.  I hope this is considered to be vintage.  Lavender makes me think vintage anyway, and I love the colour so that is what I ran with.

My Card


Recipe
6" square base card
freebie backing paper - printed onto linen card stock
fancy ornate bird cage die - Cottage Cutz
scrap of  ribbon from stash
purple adorable scorable card - Hunky Dory
Sentiment - computer generated

The linen card stock has a beautiful sheen to it - I only wish I knew where I got it. I do have more but it is matte and I think the sheen is beautiful.  The Victorians were known to have birds in cages so there we have it - one vintage card!

Please pop over to the blog and see what my teamies have come up with and maybe you will be inspired top join in with the challenge.  We are a "Just For Fun" blog but we do have a lovely winners banner for you to take away!

Well that's it from me today.  Enjoy the rest of of the Bank Holiday weekend.

Take care.




10 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine....just catching up after being AWOL for a week!

Anne

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart,mooie tekst.
Groetjes Gerrie

Hazel said...

A lovely colour and the bird cage is beautiful. The lavender in the corner sets it off so well. Hazel x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine, I love the papers and your design, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super vintage subject with the bird cage and the linen paper gives it such a beautiful texture.
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
What a lovely and delightful card. You know the colour is up my street.
We had a glorious sunny, windy day so got some washing done and dried. Waiting for the overnight rain now.
Ang x

International Art & Soul said...

I would never guess you did not 'do vintage' Christine, this is totally vintage with the gorgeous lavender and birdcages. I so love this card, beautifully delicate :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxxx

Mrs A. said...

Certainly vintage style enough for me. I like the bird cages. Lavender always makes me think of the old movie Arsenic and Old Lace with Cary Grant . I remember watching that film as a child and laughing at the antics that went on trying to keep the dead body hidden. Hugs Mrs A.

Monica taylor said...

Beautiful! I love vintage. It is my theme on my birthday bash link up.

♥ Monica
Be sure to check out the link up party with lots of prizes!
My personal Blog - Taylormadecards4u

Sandy said...

I am quite behind in my commenting - nothing new there! But I did want to stop in and tell you how gorgeous your card is!
sandy xx