Sunday 22 September 2013

Snow In Love! CCC Challenge

Hi everybody.  I'm sorry I have been such a bad blogger for the past couple of weeks.  For some reason I just haven't had any motivation.  Hopefully now I have made this card I will be okay again.  Yesterday morning I went to the Paper Craft Fair at the National Motorcyle museum near the NEC.  They are held about four times a year. Obviously fairly small ( 32 exhibitors yesterday) so not worth travelling great distances, but at £2 entry fee (for seniors! Lol!) and free parking it is great value.

My Card
Click on image to enlarge pictures

Open to show acetate aperture

It is time for the Christmas Card Challenge again. Am I sure? Surely it hasn't been two whole weeks!!! The time is really shooting by. But I digress, as so often is the case! Today it is Sue J's turn to choose (aka Ollie's Mam ) and she has asked us to make a card using a snowman. This isn't the card I had planned but I left it too late to do the one I wanted. If I get chance I will do that one in a day or so.

I printed an image from my Card Factory Deluxe programme and put it into the inside of the card. I then die cut a square aperture from the front using SB Classic Squares Large  and added some Snowstorm Acetate which I have had and not used. I added red poinsettias in the corners with leaves from the Leaf Flourish Strip, which I think is Cheery Lynn. I had also die cut a frame from SB Lacy Squares but then glued on the leaves before remembering about the frame. What am I like? ( I can still hear my mum saying that!) Oh well, it doesn't look too bad without it. I stamped the snowflakes around the borders from Hero Arts "Fluttering Snowflakes" with Versamark and embossed with WOW Opaque Bright White embossing powder. The "Let It Snow" wording is a Brittania die.

Yesterday was quite a nice day and today is lovely - warm and quite sunny. There was a very short shower earlier but that was it. Hope you are all enjoying the same weather. Please enjoy what's left of the weekend.



Entered into:
http://onecrazystampercom.blogspot.ca/2013/09/september-christmas-challenge.html
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/chnc-challenge-143-stamp-stamp-stamp.html
http://christmasstampin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-34-christmas-cheer.html
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/chnc-challenge-extra-for-september.html

31 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card Christine! Stunning details Karen x

Sue said...

Awww what a cracking card Christine and thanks for doing this for my challenge when your feeling a bit de-motivated..card is stunning! I'm just trying to keep my head still which is hard hahahaha lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

This is lovely Christine, such a cheery snow couple, love it. great design with the snowy acetate and the flowers and foliage is just gorgeous. Have a good Sunday evening, Downton, is back, so that is worth putting your feet up for, hugs Kate x

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Christine and hope this sees the return of Mr Mojo! Hugs x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, I love the cute image and fabulous design using the acetate.
hugs Sue xx

Planetsusie said...

This is lurvely Christine, you and John wandering in the woods with your hats on! Bless! I do like it loads, especially with the aperture and the acetate, that makes a lovely finish.

Glad your Mojo is back, has she been to Tenerifee as well???

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Karla said...

Christine wat heb je een leuk kerstkaartje gemaakt.
Leuk plaatje.

Groetjes Karla

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Christine. The snow couple look fabulous and I love all the pretty details
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab colours and image.xxx

Peanut said...

Aaaaw! How adorable is that. That's the spirit of Christmas right there! Love the card, Christine.
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts
p.s. Shamefully I admit: my card is late... sorry!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Gorgeous festive card. Love it!
I keep meaning to go the papercraft shows as the Motorcycle Museum is only about 20 mins drive and my local craft shop have a stall there but I forgot this one, doh! Will have to wait for the NEC.
Good luck with the challenges.
Ang x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
This is a stunning card... Like all your cards.... Fabulous ....
Hugs Sylvie xx

May said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Christine, Beautiful detail.. Love it!! Hugs May x x x

scrappymo! said...

This is lovely Christine. I like the acetate idea and the stamped snowflakes and fabulous corner treatment combine to make this card so nice. Your printed snowman is well framed!

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Christine.

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, this is fabulous. Love your snow couple. Super layout and the corner flower and leaves look gorgeous.
I have a lot of catching up to do!!
Hugs Sue W.

Unknown said...

So cute are these two in love...awesome card..xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, love this Christmas card... the image is so cute! Carole Z xx

JJ said...

Hi Christine, Such a beautiful fun card, love the embossing. Good Luck with the competition

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a really fabulous snowman card. Great designing and dies used on this gem of a card.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

craftybren said...

It may not be the card you planned but it sure is a beauty.

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card is lovely Christine love your snowmn image and your lovely dies...sometimes cards don't turn out how we image but often turned out better......

Anne

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, great snow couple.

Lydia
X

Zoe Tant said...

stunning card Christine. They look so happy beautifully framed with seasonal embellies! Zx

Hazel said...

Christine this is gorgeous, love the snow couple image.

Hazel xxx

Craftyhugs said...

This is gorgeous Christine and do Christmassy! Oh boy not long now lol. I love the aperture you made and how it creates dimension.
Have a great day
Hugs xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Christine, I just love that Oh! So! Happy Snow Couple.
A great card in every way.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card for Sue's CCC challenge and also for my CHNC challenges - hope to see more of your beautiful festive crafting soon. x

Hazel said...

Beautiful card for Sue's CCC challenge and also for my CHNC challenges - hope to see more of your beautiful festive crafting soon. x

Carol said...

This is beautiful Christine, both the image and design are gorgeous. Carol x

Heather said...

Ooooo . . . this is so cute! Such an adorable image and I love the window you made and the dies you used. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.