Sunday 26 June 2016

Sunburst Card

Good morning.  Hope this finds you all well. Yesterday  we decided to go for a bike ride. John got the bikes out whilst I was serving up lunch so that we could be on our way after lunch.  And then it got very, very dark, rolling thunder and the heavens absolutely emptied!  What a deluge. I'm glad we decided on lunch first otherwise we would have been out in it.  Ah, the joys of the British summer.

Please scroll down if you are looking for my CCC card

Today's card is my DT card for the OSAAT challenge "Anything Goes With Flowers".

My Card


Recipe
6" square base card - Papermania card stock
Papers - "Spring Blossom" pack from Panda Bear Designs
Circle die - Spellbinders
Stamp - Petaluma
Ribon and pearl  - from stash

I saw this technique on Splitcoast Stampers and decided I would give it a go. I think it looks so pretty and very easy to do.  I will certainly be dong it again.

Why not pop across to the blog and find out what my teamies have made and perhaps you might feel inspired to join the challenge? This is what you could win so why not have a go?


Well that's it from me today.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Take care.


15 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous card love this pretty design hopeyou get your bike ride today Love and hugs Carole x

rachel said...

Wonderful card christine. Aounds like you did things in the right order lol x

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh this is beautiful hun great design with my favourite sentiment x glad you didn,t get wet xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful Christine, Lovely papers and design, waether wisw this is the worst June I've known, lucky you weren't out on your cycle, Kate x

MaryH said...

What a super sunburst design. Love these colors - and like the way you've inset the pretty floral medallion in the corner. Very soothing colors, and I'm glad for you that you missed getting a drenching! TFS & Happy Sunday Hugs

Patricia said...

What a brilliant design, I love that effect.
Patricia x

Sue said...

Love that design Christine it's gorgeous..am so glad you didn't get caught in the rain..we have had some lovely sunshine this week thank goodness..take care..huggles Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is beautiful with the sun ray background Christine and the muted colours.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant sun ray background Christine, lovely colours used here.xx {aNNie}

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A great card, love the sunburst effect.
Lydia
X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a brilliant design, and such a very lovely sentiment also.
Love the wonderful papers used as well.
Good job you didn't get caught in that storm.
Love and biggest hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Dee said...

It's a lovely card Christine, so unusual I will be tryimg this too x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine. Love the paper technique - must try and find it. You were lucky not to get caught in the rain - those downpours are incredible.

Sue B said...

Wow! what a fab effect Christine…. great to show off those scrummy papers! I had a go at this technique ages ago but it took me ages to do!! I probably made hard work of it though… bet there is an easier way!
Hope you're having a good week! the weather is so unpredictable at moment! I can be typing an email and saying it's sunny and by the time I get to the end... the sky is black and it's pouring down!! Lol
Big hugs Sue B xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
So sorry I'm so far behind.
Love the sunburst design and the papers are beautiful. Such neat and precise cutting......I bet you'd have done a really neat Cesarean back in the day lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x