Sunday 1 December 2013

I'm Back for the CCC challenge - Christmas Trees.

Hi everybody! I have missed you all so much! I am still minus my computer unfortunately.  After getting a new hard drive it turned out that wasn't the problem anyway.  John has ordered something else which should come on Monday so we'll see if that's it.  Meanwhile we have downloaded my camera software and photo editing software onto John's laptop so that I can at least do something if he is not using it.  I am also able to plug my external hard drive into his laptop too in order to access my data but it is a very long winded affair.  Anyway, enough of that.

I am so sorry that I have been missing from the visiting and commenting. Hopefully it will not be too much longer now.

My Card



click on image to enlarge picture

The challenge is "Oh Christmas Tree".  Now I don't happen to own a proper Christmas tree stamp. I think I have a digi stamp, but at the time I was doing my card I wasn't able to access my data. Anyway, this is a tree, and it's Christmas, so it will have to do. Hope you agree.

My usual 6 x 6 inch card. The stamps I used are Denami Designs Christmas Script Background and Star Swirl Tree and I have had them for about 9 or 10 years. Now I've used them again I don't know why they were relegated to the drawer! I cut a piece of blue vellum to cover the card front and wrap around the back. I stamped the Script stamp in white onto the vellum and heat embossed with Ranger Frosted Crystal embossing powder and attached it to the card front. Onto a narrow strip of the blue vellum I again stamped the Script stamp, this time with Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue and heat embossed with the same powder to give a different effect, although the difference is quite subtle. I embossed a piece of white card stock with Crafts Too embossing folder Snowflakes, wrapped the vellum strip round it, matted it onto silver mirri and attached to the centre. The star swirl tree was stamped with the blue ink and the same embossing powder and matted onto silver mirri. It wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of glitter so I added blue glitter to the star, and a bit of bling to the corners. The picture is not very good I'm afraid. It is quite shadowy where the vellum is loose because I only attached it to the back of the card where it overlapped and underneath the snowflake panel. In real life it looks better. I am really pleased that the embossed script turned out so well.

Well that's it from me. Hope you are all well. I know my friend Sue P is unwell so please get well soon Sue!!!!


Entered into:

24 comments:

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Goedemorgen Christine
Hoop dat het probleem met je computer gauw opgelost is
Je kaart is prachtig
Fijne dag Gerrie

Karla said...

Wat een prachtige kerstkaart Christine, mooie stempel en papier heb je gebruikt.

Groetjes Karla

Patricia said...

BINGO!!! got you!
Tried two or three times last night could not get anything.
Great to see you back, missed your wonderful creations.
Great card Christine, love the CAS effect making your card very elegant.
Have great day

Patricia xxx

Anne said...

What a brilliant card, love the tree. Hope your computer is operational again soon, how we rely on them now! Hugs x

dutchess said...

Love the card Christine....love that Christmas tree image!...know what you mean my computer dies 3weeks ago and I ended up buying a new one ...but it's windows 8...a whole new system to learn....fingers crossed that it gets fixed ....Margaret xxxxxx

Dee said...

Hi Christine, a really pretty card. It is so frustrating when PC's throw a wobbly isn't it? such a cheeck of yhem to break down.
Since Dad passed on I still haven't touched my crafty room, can't seem to get any enthusiasm at the moment, still have such a feeling of sadness but I know it will get better ith time.
Can I ask what photo editing package you use please?
Hugz Dee x

Dee said...

Sorry about spelling mistakes, using my i-pad... Dee x

lydia jordan said...

Hi Chritine,
A beautiful card, love it.
Lydia
X

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card, so pretty and very elegant too. I hated it when my last laptop died, drove me potty, so you have my sympathy. For me it felt like I was cut off from my lovely friends and I drove DH nuts lol! Hope it gets sorted for you soon xx

scrappymo! said...

This is so elegant and pretty, Christine. I love all the embossing on the vellum. It is subtle and elegant! I do not have a proper tree stamp either so had to improvise.

Hope your computer problems get sorted...I know how hard it is to cope without. it.

Liz said...

How lovely! Love the image . Hugs xx

Nancy said...

You've created a beautiful and elegant card, Christine! Thank you for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :o)

Hazel said...

This is such a beautiful card - I love that tree - perfect for the CCC challenge and thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for December x

Mynn xx said...

Such a gorgeous card! I adore the soft blue and the wonderful glittery bits! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

PS: We've got a blog hop/DT call going on at House of Cards--I'd LOVE for you to join us! :)

Hazel said...

Christine your card is gorgeous, sorry to hear your computer is still sick. Here's hoping John will be able to fix it. Hazel xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
super Christmas tree card. Love the colour and design too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the cool colours and very pretty Christmas tree! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Christine, I love your swirly tree. Hope you PC is better soon. Carol x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Sorry I missed this last night. Terrific card. Love the colour.
Have missed you chuck so glad you're back. Hope you haven't had to make too many promises to use John's laptop lol!
Ang x

Peanut said...

SO very elegant, Christine. Love that classy tree. Hope you're keeping warm!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine first of all let me say thank you for your kind wishes, I am getting there now! I think you card really looks great - it has a 'cool' feel about it (I mean wintery of course, I am toooooo old to be using such words as 'cool' man!) lol. Those papers are brilliant as well.

Hope you are both OK - also hope you get back into the techy world soon, these wonderful machines are great until they go off on holiday by themselves! Duh.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Patricia H said...

The soft blues are so pretty with your starry, swirly tree. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT!

Louise van Vuren said...

Love this Chrisstmas tree image image, very chilly and sparkly. Great colours! Fantastic card for our Pick A Previous Theme challenge,thanks for playing at 52 CCT this week

Louise xx

Zoe Tant said...

Elegant card and so pretty. I love the delicate Christmas tree, refreshingly different. Zx