Wednesday 23 October 2013

Christmas Candle

Good afternoon.  Hope this finds everybody well and keeping dry.  We have been having very heavy rain and last night a bad storm.  I was sitting at the kitchen table when there was such a noise I thought the window blinds or the window frame was about to land on me.  I actually jumped a few inches! The noise of the rain was bad enough but the thunder seemed to be bouncing off the roof!

My Project


Click on image to enlarge picture

I have wanted to do one of these candles for ages but I thought it would be quite difficult so I kept putting it off.  I came across this small pillar candle at the back of the candle drawer in the kitchen (my emergency supplies in case of power cut) so thought it would be a good one to attempt this technique.  My goodness, this is so easy it's untrue!  I can't believe just how quick and easy! I just popped it onto a little silver candle dish and draped a string of silver pearls round in order to take the picture. They are not fastened on in any way which is why they look messy, but obviously I will decorate it too.  I will certainly doing more of these. I think they will make lovely little gifts.  The image I used is "Little Ivy" from LOTV  and I just coloured it with Promarkers. She is so pretty.

Well that's it for today. I think I'd better start thinking about lunch!



23 comments:

Planetsusie said...

Hi there blog friend! You and me both - but you have been brave and have made one! LOL. I love the idea but could you tell me how you did the image. Did you print it off on tissue or stamped then coloured? I have seen some ways on the TV but just wondered if you had done anything different. Sorry to be a nosy so and so - but then you know moi!!!

Big hugs to you - oh and I love the stand as well. This sort of creation would make a gorgeous little stocking filler.

Sue Pxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, beautiful arranagement, I too, have wanted to try this project but have put it off. Now I feel I might give it a go. They will make lovely Christmas pressies.

Wilma x x x

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaars
groetjes Janie

Lia said...

You did a great job Christine! I love your candle.
I made lots of them and seceral years ago I even have been a teacher in making these candles and other objects! It's still big fun making them. Did you already to decorate a candle with nice decorated napkins? Very easy and also: big fun!
Lia xx
By the way: your cards below are gorgeous!!

Rita said...

Stunning candle Christine. They'll be no stopping you now. I did loads of them with matching cards and boxes for gifts last Christmas. Hugs Rita xxx

Karen Petitt said...

That's gorgeous Christine, it would make a lovely Christmas gift x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the sweet LOTV image and beautiful colouring. I am planning on decorating a few candles for Christmas presents this year.
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,love it.xxx

May said...

Gorgeous work Christine, What a beautiful girt for someone special...Hugs May x x x

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Christine !
This is beautiful Abd your right what a lovely gift for any friend.
I've seen this done on TV somewhere but completely forgot his it was done.
Gorgeous image too.
Hugs xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, this is just gorgeous, such a lovely image and you have decorated your candle so well with the silver beads.
I think the candles are such a lovely gift idea, I've been trying it out too, but mine didn't look so good, love it, hugs KATE X

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, this is gorgeous! Love how you've decorated it, hugs Carole Z XX

Patricia said...

Really pretty gift, I love what you have done with it.
Have never done this, I like the idea, must look to how to do it.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous little candle.
Lorraine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Been glorious here today but we did get some heavy rain last night.
Great candle. They are easy to do and you can pick them up quite cheaply too.
Great stuff!
Ang x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful candle Christine.

Oksana said...

Love this Christine, it has come out perfectly. Last time I did one, the wax all ran, what is your secret?xx

lydia jordan said...

Hi Christine,
Very pretty will make a lovely gift.
Lydia
X

Peanut said...

Oh what a wonderful gift. Lucky is she who gets it!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

JJ said...

Hi Christine,

Very pretty candle. I used to put pictures on candles but with printed tissue paper that you could put through the printer and just heat set it onto the candle with a heat gun. Your way seems so much easier lol!

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol said...

You've made a fabulous job Christine, it's ages since I did one. Carol x

Brawny x said...

This is fabulous Christine. Hope this finds you well.
Love Lea x

scrappymo! said...

These are gorgeous Christine...they would be perfect for wee gifts at Christmas. I am always looking for hostess gifts to give away...these would be perfect,