Saturday 20 October 2012

Happiness

Good morning blog friends

Had a nice day out yesterday at a National Trust property near Worcester, and once again we were so lucky with the weather. We were about 15 minutes into the drive home when the rain started. I'm glad it held off until then because there was some lovely parkland to  walk around and  I wouldn't have wanted to miss that.

So to my card. I bought this set of dies a little while ago and haven't got round to using them until now. Criminal!  The problem is  there are so many gorgeous dies aren't there?  Mind  you, I have my birthday, wedding anniversary (the big 40 one!) and Christmas coming up, all in the space of six weeks, so that should be worth quite a few dies wouldn't you agree? There are so many that I would just love to own, and it is very easy to get carried away!

Click on image to enlarge picture

Anyway, I'm talking about the Spellbinders Jewel Flowers and Flourishes die, which contain a couple of pretty little butterflies as well.  I also used the trellis die and backed it with lemon pearlescent card which I then used to diecut three of the smaller flowers. I finished off the bottom edge with a Martha Stewart edge punch but I can't remember the name.  I used one of my famous quotes on Labels 18 die. I embossed the flowers and they came up beautifully, but then I used a large ball embossing tool to make them curl so lost it all. I popped a pearl in the centres of the flowers and  used tiny yellow gems on the butterfly's body. I don't usually mix gems and pearls but had no tiny yellow pearls, but they don't look too bad. If I can get hold of some tiny yellow pearls I will do a swap.

I had to use the flash again on my picture because I didn't get round to taking the photo until we got back home and by then the sky was very dark and cloud laden, so it doesn't  look too great.

Well, I hope you all enjoy the start to the weekend.

With love from Christine xx

Thank you for your visit to my blog and for the lovely comments you leave. I really do appreciate each and every one of them, and if you want to leave some constructive criticism then please do so!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, simply adorable, the lemon and white card is superb. Love the lattice die and the flourish, flowers and butterfly.

Glad to hear you had a good day out, the weather makes all the difference.

Take care.

Wilma x x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
a beautiful and superb card. Love everything about it. Wonderful design. So like all those dies. I can't wait till Christmas to be able to own a few more dies myself.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Loving the lemon colour Christine and I think I want those dies!
The MS punch btw is 'Doily Lace'.
Glad you had a good out too.
Cheers,
Elaine

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
What a stunning creation for today, love everything about this.
Oh!! these Dies that we all NEED, Santa will be busy this year with all the requests that will be on crafters lists..........
A very busy time ahead for you, have fun.
Have a Great Day

Patricia

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Christine that pale lemon really sets it off.

My BIG birthday in four weeks so am hoping to receive some crafty goodies they last longer than flowers, don't you agree :)

jacqui x

Sonia said...

Absolutely wonderful, dearest:) And fabulous soft colors:) What is the grid dies? Can you tell me?
Have a beautiful day,
Sonia

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine, I love the design and the delicate colours.

Sometimes I colour my pearls with Promarkers, so that's always worth a try if you are trying to match colours

I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue

Anonymous said...


Good morning Christine A very pretty card today, I wouldn't know where to start getting a card to look like a card. But as I say why have a big sister that makes wonderfull cards etc. and not let her do them for me ( Patricia knowes what I mean ). Yes it was frightening to go out the first time without my wig but so what. My bosses husband keeps pulling my leg saying my hair will come in red and curly.... It's back grey and to short to tell if it will be curly, Hazel

Crafty Lark said...

Just sneaked in with a Good Morning, the combination of lemon and white is gorgeous, have fun planning your die spend, there is no better way. xx Flora

Anonymous said...

I love the lemon n white so delicate I alsohave these dies but as you say there are so many nice ones will look mine out now. Sonia the grid is spellbinders fancy lattice hope this helps

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Christine, pleased that you had an enjoyable day out and the weather held for you.
Your card, as always, is stunning. The lattice die makes a lovely background over the lemon card and the jewel flowers and flourishes die are beautiful. Love your quote too.
Have a restful weekend, love & hugs Christine H xx

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Christine I'm glad you had a lovely day out! Plus weather stayed nice for you too , you must be lucky as it awaits rains here lol. Your card today is just stunning! I love the dies you've used and like many others on here I really would love them. Colours are fab too! Hugs xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Christine.

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Another stunning card Christine. Love the glistening yellow of the pearlescent card and the fancy lattice diecut background fits lovely with your layout. I have been trying to get this background die but everywhere I have been lately it has been sold out (I did find a couple but their prices were much too expensive... Buy cheaper get more don't you agree!).
Love and hugs Linda x