Wednesday 19 September 2012

Peaches and Cream

Good morning friends. Hope everybody is well today.



Click on image to enlarge.

Unusually for me my card is 8x8 inches. Usually I tend to use this size only  if it's something special. However, the background paper from Websters Pages is 6x6 and I didn't want to cut it because it is so pretty. I layered   it onto cream and then peach coloured card which I sewed together with a zig zag stitch and than attached them to  cream card.

I stamped the message onto cream card stock, die cut with Spellbinders ovals and then layered it onto the second size Floral ovals  in peach card, trimmed with pearls. The flowers are WOC and the swirls are Marianne Creatables. The ribbon, lace and pearls are from my stash. I thought it turned out to be quite pretty. Although it can be tempting to fill all the space I resisted, so the pretty paper is visible.

Well that's all for today. Hopefully I shall be back tomorrow.

With love from Christine xx

I am entering this in http://ladybugcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes; http://disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/use-more-than-1-die-cut-or-punch.html, Use more than one   diecut or punch. http://myheartpiecesdigitalstampchallenge.blogspot.in/ Anything Goes


      Thank you for all your lovely comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.




14 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty pretty pretty, such lovely soft peachy colours and the swirls definitely add to the charm - fabulous card Christine.
Elaine

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
Oh my what a pretty card. Your right the paper is so pretty. Love all you die cuts too. Fantastic creation.
Have wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Oksana said...

Lovely, pretty card. The colous make it a very delicate card.x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, what a pretty card this is..love the colours, Happy crafting! Carole Z X

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love those papers and agree they are too nice to cut up so this size of card is perfect. All your detailing is so beautiful.

Thank you, also, for taking part in the Ladybug Crafts Challenge

I hope you have a fab day
Hugs Sue

Marie-Louise said...

What a gorgeous card. The paper is beautiful - much too nice to cover up. Really feminine pretty card.

Crafty Lark said...

The whole card is so pretty, love the way you have done the ribbon. I have to work hard at not filling the spaces, you have a lovely balance here. xx Flora

Christine Hussey said...

This is so delicate Christine, beautiful paper and your design is perfection. So pretty. Love Christine H xx

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
Missed seeing this yesterday, it is so beautiful, I love everything about it.
Have a Great Day

Patricia x

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Christine this is just stunning. I am so pleased you blocked your urge to add a little more, allowing us to see the papers are they are lovely and really add something extra to your truly pretty design.
It reminds me of a sunny day in the countryside. A lady sat on a blanket, her 1950's full skirted dress all laid out around her as her children play close by. Truly soft, delicate and feminine. A very beautiful creation Christine. Top ten hit for me!
Hugs Linda xx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Christine :)
Thanks for joining us Di's Digi Challenge & good luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Unknown said...

Just beautiful,amazing,gorgeous.Thank you so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces.

Unknown said...

another beautiful card

Shelly said...

Great card with pretty feminine colours! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge! Shelly x