Saturday 15 September 2012

Clean And Simple

Good morning blog friends. I had a "day off " yesterday - no card to post. But here I am again with a clean and simple card using the Spellbinders Lovely Lattice M-Bossabilities. This embossing folder is so pretty that I decided not to cover it up with too much, hence I ended up with a very plain card which was not the original intention.



As you can see I used a quote again, and you know I love using quotes. This is another from RalphWaldo Emerson and I use his quotes a lot. He is a favourite of mine. I typed it directly onto the backing paper which is from Papermania but I'm not sure which - possibly Pampered Pets? I threaded some narrow green organza ribbon through a length of lace, tied a bow and wrapped it round the embossed panel. A silk flower, green pearls and Spellbinders foliage finished it  off. Job done.

Well I hope you all have a great and relaxing weekend!

Love and hugs from Christine xx



Thank you for the lovely comments you leave about my cards. I appreciate each and everyone of them!

8 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, what a lovely card...I love using the M-Bossabilities like this, not covered up.just accented with gems etc. Love the colours and I have always held this quote as one of my favourites, hugs Carole Z X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
wonderful card. The colours are so refreshing. Your right to cover up such a pretty embossing design would be a crime. Love the quote, I know you have used it before but it goes just right with the card.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Oksana said...

Beautiful card Christine, such delicate colours and textures used!x have a good weekend.x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the embossed design and the delicate shade of green.

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Christine, another beautiful card and I agree the embossing should be a focal point in itself, it is so pretty. Lovely gentle, calming colours and a wonderful quote. Enjoy your Saturday, love Christine H xx

Marie-Louise said...

Hi Christine - snap - I just discovered your blog last night and had it bookmarked to look through today. Thank you for your lovely comment. This is a gorgeous card. I have just got one of the grand M bossabilities folders - it is garden lattice. It just arrived yesterday and I have not had a chance to have a play with it yet. I like your idea of not covering up the lovely design. Going to have a look at the rest of your cards a little later (after I get the ironing done). Have a good day. Marie-Louise

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - this is a lovely shade of green. I love the fact that you didn't cover over much of the embossed piece - it really is gorgeous. It certainly doesn't look plain at all.

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

Janie Printz said...

Sometimes the simplest things are the most beautiful & this is a great example. Truly love that wonderful embossing folder ... I wouldn't cover any of it up either ...
Janie